Aaron Boy Turns 4!!
My handsome boy is turning 4 tomorrow!
He is the only one I actually went into my own labor with.
About 5 in the morning to be exact :)
I was asleep and woke up with this strange but exciting feeling.
Since I had a lot of Pictosin to start my labor with Addie,
I had no idea this was what beginning labor felt like.
I laid in bed some and let Allen push on my lower back until I just could not take it!
I had no idea this was what beginning labor felt like.
I laid in bed some and let Allen push on my lower back until I just could not take it!
I got up and walked around feeling so excited (I wish the other labors could have been like that)
I waited until 9:30 and called my friend Donna. She had promised me she would be with me during labor to keep me calm! I did not do such a good job of that with Addie:(
When I told her what I was feeling she said "uh I think you're in labor baby and have been since 5 when all this started!"
She told me to get ready this boy might be ready to come out soon!!!
She told me to get ready this boy might be ready to come out soon!!!
I was so busy getting a shower, trying desperately to shave my legs! I wish I had the picture my mom took of me when she got there, then you would know why I was TRYING to shave my legs! I was so big just in the belly with Aaron that I stopped coming to church 5 weeks earlier because I could see the whole choir staring at my belly thinking "she is going to have that baby right now" :)
Donna came right over and so did my mom and dad.
Donna was going with me and mom and dad were taking care of Addie.
Donna was going with me and mom and dad were taking care of Addie.
When I got to my doctors office I was 7.5 cm's and I was so proud of myself.
My doctor said "let's get you over to the hospital you are having this baby in within the hour!"
My doctor said "let's get you over to the hospital you are having this baby in within the hour!"
From that point on I did not walk. They put me in a wheel chair and then laid me in a bed and guess what? He stopped coming! I stayed at 7.5 for a long time.
I went ahead and got an epidural, because Addie's labor was so long and hard.
I could not imagine doing that again without some medicine.
I could not imagine doing that again without some medicine.
Aaron finally came out after I threw-up a couple of times and some very hard pushing.
When he did the room got quite and there was no normal baby screaming going on.
Everyone rushed over to him and then rushed him to the warmer. I saw a glimpse of him and said to Allen and Donna "what is wrong with my baby?" He was this fat 9lb 2oz baby boy, but he was grey and making some gurgling noises.
Everyone tried to say that nothing was wrong, but they still had not brought him to me so I knew something wasn't right. I felt a very steady calmness in the room. It was God and maybe some really cool angels, because the air was thick with His Peace.
I wanted to be anxious, but I couldn't!
Donna looked at me and said " God is going to show off today!"
Isaiah 40:29-31
29 He gives power to the weak and strength to the powerless.
30 Even youths will become weak and tired, and young men will fall in exhaustion.
31 But those who trust in the Lord will find new strength.
They will soar high on wings like eagles.
They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not faint.
I wanted to be anxious, but I couldn't!
Donna looked at me and said " God is going to show off today!"
Isaiah 40:29-31
29 He gives power to the weak and strength to the powerless.
30 Even youths will become weak and tired, and young men will fall in exhaustion.
31 But those who trust in the Lord will find new strength.
They will soar high on wings like eagles.
They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not faint.
Allen was so calm and peaceful so much so that he was making jokes with the nurses and they were looking at him like "you are supposed to be pacing the floor right now!"
The Doctor told me he had the cord wrapped around his neck pretty tight and was not breathing very well. They let us see him for a second and then out of the room they went.
It is so weird to have worked so hard in labor and then they just up and leave with your little treasure, your reward for all that hard work.
All my family had been waiting patiently to hold the first boy!
We told them to just go home and come back in the morning.
Many hours later they let us go to see him. God did show off!! Aaron was laying there in the NICU just as fat and pink, holding his own pacifier and sucking it ravenously.
He was starving and the nurses said "uh you need to nurse that boy!!"
As soon as I put him on, my eyes popped out of my head!!
Boys nurse much harder than girls.
Boys nurse much harder than girls.
I just sat there as still as could be. I was in shock.
In the wee hours of the morning they brought him back to us. They made us stay an extra day just to make sure, but he was fine. One nurse told us that he received a ZERO on all his Apgar scores when he was born. He looked like he was going to die, and I really believe God was showing me how Mighty To Save He really is.
As I am typing this, my faith is being renewed. So much has happened in our journey since January 24th 2005. I have almost forgotten the feeling of His Strong Mighty Hand. Don't get me wrong this would not be the last time God showed off in our lives, there are many more really cool stories to tell you. Some other time though :)
Aaron Allen Green, you are so special to us.
God told us your name,
that you would look just like your daddy,
and even follow in his foot steps;
fishing for men one day.
I love you Aaron.
Happy Birthday!
Jeremiah 1:5
“ Before I formed you in the womb I knew you;
Before you were born I sanctified you;
I ordained you a prophet to the nations.”
“ Before I formed you in the womb I knew you;
Before you were born I sanctified you;
I ordained you a prophet to the nations.”
Jeremiah 29:11
For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord.
“They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.
We had to celebrate his Birthday today, because Allen has Greek class all day tomorrow.
We asked him what he would like to do and this is what he said
"Wendy's, the Movies and Buddy Bears!"
So, that is what we did!

Comments
Chris' (Bobby's kid) birthday is Sept 23 and so is Ward's...