An Afternoon With Daddy...

Who wouldn't want to spend the afternoon with an Ice cream loving daddy??

1st Stop
Maggie's






They put these cute little umbrella's in the ice cream.


Addie is a fan of the umbrella's.



2nd Stop
Crawfish Springs

Now this place has some history.
It has some real history I'm sure, but I mean "April" history!!
When I was in High School this was the place all the "BAD" kids would meet to fight.
You would hear something like this:
"I'll meet YOU at THE SPRINGS!!!"
"Me & YOU at THE SPRINGS!!!""
"Did you hear what happen at THE SPRINGS???"
I never got invited to "THE SPRINGS" and I am glad!
It sits way down from the road and I guess they thought no one could see them.
I did go down there for science class once and we brought back samples for our microscopes!!
I remember thinking how cool Mr. Young was for letting us walk across the street.
It was 7th grade and we didn't get out much :)






The ice cream is kicking in for Aaron.

You can tell Mom is not there.
I never let them take their shoes off :)

What if they step on a yellow jacket or fire ants??

Do you think Allen told him to do that??



Aaron is coming down from his ice cream high.



Looks like they had a great afternoon.
*************UPDATE****************
Here is the link to the real history behind Crawfish Springs.
Just in case some of you guys are history buffs! :)

Comments

Jenny said…
My goodness! Allen did a great job documenting the outing! Did ya'll get a new camera or is your editing making the pix so good? Great Job! Maggie's? Where is Maggie's? I wanna go there! The SPRINGS! FUNNY! Your memories are the exact same ones I have! Randy will laugh 'cause my words to describe what I know about Crawfish Springs are the exact words you used! Too FUNNY! I have never been there. Glad to know there are Crawfish there.... : )
AG said…
Allen did do a great job with the pictures!! It's still your old camera taking them :) Thanks again for sharing. I love it when you buy new stuff :)
I did edit on Picasa but the pictures were great before I started. Did you know Chickamauga use to be called Crawfish Springs??
Noah's Mommy said…
Fun! Yeah I read the history on all the Chickamauga things when you posted about the coke ovens
Stephanie said…
love the pictures and those 2 sweet kiddos!
LynnĂ© said…
Great pics! How was the ice cream at Maggies? We've thought about going but we haven't talked to anyone who has been yet.

Popular posts from this blog

Addie Is Growing Up...

Art Class....

Our morning...taking it one moment at a time